We all know drinking water is good for you, but how often do we have days where we aren’t getting enough? Check out these 4 reasons to stay hydrated! Staying hydrated helps keep you regular:
1. Staying hydrated can help keep you “regular”. Having issues with constipation? Adequate water and fiber intake keep your bowels moving as long as there is no other underlying cause.
2. Improved energy and concentration. Dehydration can leave you feeling tired and cause impaired memory and cognition.
3. Better physical performance. Under even mild levels of dehydration, performance during physical activity can be affected and you can see reduced endurance, increased fatigue, altered thermoregulation, and lower motivation.
4. Can help lose weight. Not only does choosing water over sugary, high-caloric drinks help you lose weight, but drinking plenty of water can help you feel full and can also boost your metabolism.
- Amount to drink: weight (lbs)/2 = # oz water/day
- Start your day with 500mL of water
- Add lemon, cucumber, mint, or berries to your water to mix it up
- Drink herbal teas as they count as a form of hydration